Tuesday, September 1, 2009

PREMIERE POST: SHARE THE WONDER OF MODERN DESIGN

























































Why and how I became a modern design enthusiast is somewhat of a mystery, yet my enthusiasm certainly blossomed after moving to Miami Beach back in 2006. I rented a loft residence in the "south of fifth" district of south beach for 18 months and furnished it with designs from antonio citterio, piero lissoni, charles & ray eames, eero saarinen, george nelson, and rudolfo dordoni.

I remember over the years when I had the opportunity to glance through interior design publications I was drawn to certain designs and imagery which ultimately became a fascination. Starting in the early 2000's this facination resulted in collecting certain of these publications for personal reference and perspective. Although I enjoy helping others with design suggestions I never really wanted to pursue the field of interior design, but rather aspired to ultimately having multiple residences furnished with vintage and current modern furniture designs along with other wonderful 20th century art forms. Such environments for me nourish the soul!

What I do enjoy though is writing about such designs so others can become more familiar. The content of the modern design fanatic is not predetermined and will vary. In addition I will always include photos of designs or art work to showcase forms and to provide a bit of flavor to the post. For the most part my text will be a short treatise on a particular facet of modern design with the exception of my next post entitiled "Brief History of Modernism/Reputed Designers" which will be a bit more lengthy in body.

images: (click on images to enlarge)
James Nares That Mississippi River 2001
Fritz Hansen Egg chair by Arne Jacobsen
Stilnovo starburst pendant 1950s
Cappellini Millenium Hope table by C Silverstrin / Cappellini Fronzoni 64 chair by AG Fronzoni

No comments:

Post a Comment